BERLIN (Reuters) – A German who tried to fix his leaky air mattress blew up his apartment instead, the fire brigade in the western city of Duesseldorf said on Wednesday.
The 45-year-old man used tyre repair solvent to plug a hole in his airbed and left it overnight.
But it blew up when he went to inflate it the next day." A spark from the electric air pump ignited it," a fire brigade spokesman said.
The blast pushed his living room wall into the building's stairwell and caused extensive damage to walls, windows and furniture.
Fire fighters evacuated the 12-apartment building and a neighbouring housing block while they checked for structural damage.
The man suffered burns on his arms, while a three-year-old girl suffered first degree burns.
via Yahoo News